Sowmya Mary Thomas
Assistant Professor of English
Convener, Admission Committee, (PG)
Coordinator, Walk With a Scholar, 2016-17
Paper Publications/ Presentation
- “Toppling the Structures: A study of Indian Popular Fiction” in UGC sponsored National Seminar on Indian Literary Historiography and Counter Currents in Postcoloniality @ St Thomas College, Kozhencherry on 28 Sept 2011.
- “Theorising the ‘Queer’ in Sancharram” in National Seminar cum Workshop on Queer Theory @ St Berchmans College, Changanacherry on 10 Dec 2011.
- “The Transcultured ‘Other’ in Gwendolyn Brooks Primer for Blacks in UGC sponsored National Seminar on Transculturation in Contemporary British and American poetry @ St Cyril’s College Adoor on 13 Aug 2013.
- “Refusing to Decline: Age Identity and Selfhood in Anita Desai’s Fire on the Mountain” in English Activities Update (Vol 6, No 1, Jan 2015)
- “The Animated Poli-tricks: A Prismatic view of Popular Television Cartoons” in UGC sponsored National Seminar on Dessin Humoristique: Cartoons beyond the Column @ St Aloysius College, Edathua on 9 Jan 2015.
- “The Self-imposed Relegation: Inter-Generational Relationship in Anita Desai’s Fire on the Mountain” in the Multidisciplinary International Conference on Rethinking Teaching in the 21st Century @ Muslim College of Education, Thiruvithamcode on 1o Mar 2015.
- “Slum as Sites of Resistance: A Prismatic Reading of Bina Shah’s Slum Child in UGC sponsored National Seminar on Voices from Borderlands: Emerging Literatures, Ignored Voices, Silenced Uproars and Evolving Theoretical Perspectives @ St Stephan’s College, Pathanapuram on 16 Oct 2015.
Research and Teaching Experiences
Pursuing Ph D