Assistant Professor of Chemistry
- Runcy Wilson, Tomás S. Plivelic, P. Ramya, C. Ranganathaiah, M. Y. Kariduraganavar, Anil kumar. S, and Sabu Thomas, “Influence of Clay Content and Amount of Organic Modifiers on Morphology and Pervaporation Performance of EVA/Clay Nanocomposite”. Industrial Engineering Chemistry Research, 2011, 50, 3986-3993.
- Runcy Wilson, Tomás S. Plivelic ,Abi Santhosh Aprem, C. Ranganathaiagh, Anil kumar. S and Sabu Thomas, “Preparation and characterization of EVA/clay nanocomposites with improved barrier performance”. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2012, 123, 3806–3818.
- Runcy Wilson, Tomás S. Plivelic, Anil Kumar S and Sabu Thomas” Clay Intercalation and its Influence on the Morphology and Transport Properties of EVA/Clay Nanocomposites” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2012, 116, 20002-200014
- Jose, Thomasukutty, Soney C. George, Hanna J. Maria, Runcy Wilson, and Sabu Thomas. "Effect of Bentonite Clay on the Mechanical, Thermal, and Pervaporation Performance of the Poly (vinyl alcohol) Nanocomposite Membranes." Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2014, 43, 16820-16831.
- NithinChandran, Runcy Wilson, Sabu Thomas “Novel Natural Rubber /Polypropylene Thermoplastic Vulcanizate Formulations for High Impact Performance” kautschuk gummi kunststoffe, 2013, 6, 18-22.
- Runcy Wilson, Anil Kumar S and Sabu Thomas “Effect of Organoclay Dispersion on the Barrier Performance and Mechanical Strength of EVA/Clay nanocomposites” Advanced Materials Research, 2013, 15-18.
- Runcy Wilson, N. Follain, N. Tenn, Anil Kumar S, S. Thomas, and S. Marais “Tunable water barrier properties of EVA by clay insertion?” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2015, 17 (29), 19527-19537.
- Ajith James Jose, Resmi R, Sam John, George Jacob, Runcy Wilson “Chitosan: A Smart and Multifunctional Drug Delivery System” International Journal of Engineering Science and Computing, 2016, 6, 3709-3714.
- Ajith James Jose, Muthukaruppan Alagar, Sam John and Runcy Wilson “Performance evaluation of polysulfone/graphene nanocomposites, Int. J. Mater. Res, 2017, 108, 1-8.
- Ajith James Jose, George Jacob, Runcy Wilson and Muthukaruppan Alagar, “Studies on thermos-mechanical and surface properties of polysulfone/poly(ether imide ester) blends, Materials Proceedings Today, ISSN: 2214-7853, 2017.
- Shaji Joseph, Ajith James Jose, SabuThomas, Runcy Wilson and Kuruvilla Joseph, “Molecular transport of aromatic solvents through oil palm micro fiber filled nitrile rubber composites” Materials Proceedings Today, ISSN: 2214-7853, 2017.
- Diffusion, Transport and Barrier Properties of IPNs
Runcy Wilson, Anil Kumar S, Miran Mozetic, Uroš Cvelbar and Sabu Thomas
Book on Micro- and Nano-Structured Interpenetrating Polymer Networks: From Design to Applications. John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
- Rheological Behavior of Natural Rubber Composites and Nanocomposites
Runcy Wilson and Sabu Thomas
Book on Natural Rubber Based composites and nanocomposites, Volume-2, RSC Publishing
- Polymer Nanocomposite Membranes for Waste Water Purification
Saliney Thomas, Runcy Wilson Soney .C. George and Sabu Thomas
Encyclopedia, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Layered clay rubber composites
Runcy Wilson , Nithin Chandran and Sabu Thomas
Book on Layered clay rubber composites, Trans Tech Periodicals published by Trans Tech Publications Ltd, Switzerland.
- 5. An introduction to Polymer blends; Composites; IPNS
Runcy Wilson, Jithin Joy and Sabu Thomas
Publisher: Apple publishers
- Nano Celluose: A novel support for water purification
Runcy Wilson, Jithin Joy, Gejo George, Anuraj V
“Advanced Environmental Analysis: Applications of Nanomaterials”.
- Polymer-Graphene Nanocomposites: A Smart Material for Next Generation Applications
Ajith James Jose, Runcy Wilson, and Jince Thomas
“Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, 5-Volume Set”
Publisher: Apple Academy press
- UV Spectroscopy: A facile approach for the characterization of nanomaterials
Gejo Geroge, Runcy Wilson and Jithin Joy
Instrumental Techniques to the Characterization of Nanomaterials: Volume 2
Publisher: Elsevier Publications
- Polymer membranes reinforced with carbon based nanomaterial’s for water purification
Runcy Wilson, Gejo George and Ajith James Jose
Publisher: Elsevier Publications
- Introduction to liquid transport characteristics in various polymer, IPNs, Composites and nanocomposites systems
Runcy Wilson, Soney C George, Anilkumar S and Sabu Thomas
Publisher: Elsevier Publications
TRANSPORT THROUGH POLYMERIC MEMBRANES
Editors: (i) Prof. Sabu Thomas ii) Dr. Runcy Wilson iii) Dr. Anil kumar S iv) Prof. Soney C George
Publisher: Elsevier Publications, Cambridge, UK.
Volume 1: Liquid Transport Characteristics in Polymers
Volume 2: Gas Transport Characteristics in Polymers
Volume 3: vapor Transport Characteristics in Polymers
- DST-PURSE Sponsored Workshop on “Frontiers of Spectroscopy and Microscopy” on September-2012, Inter University Instrumentation Centre, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India.
- International conference on Rubber and Rubber-Like Materials, (ICRRM-2013) organized by IIT Kharagpur, India, March 6-9, 2013.
- Poster presentation in 3rd FAPS Polymer Congress and MACRO 2013, Organized by Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, May, India 15-18, 2013.
- The 4th International Conference on Multi-Functional Materials and Structures (MFMS 2013), 14-17 July 2013, Bangkok Thailand.
- 14th European School on Rheology, at the Lab of Soft Matter, Rheology and Technology of the KU Leuven, September 2-6, 2013, Leuven, Belgium.
- Certificate of training in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) & Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), 25th -26th April, 2016, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Second International Conference on Advanced Materials for Power Engineering (ICAMPE 2016) at IIUCNN, M.G University, Kottayam, 11-13th November, 2016.
- Secured Third Rank in M.Sc Analytical Chemistry.
- KSCSTE research fellowship in chemical science for Ph.D (2008).
- Third prize for poster presentation in the International Conference held at Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
- Second Prize for paper presentation in “Scientia- 2012” , National Seminar on Advanced Polymers held at MGUCE, Muttom, Thodupuzha, Kerala, India.
Research and Teaching Experiences
- Junior Scientist on polymer synthesis and processing in Corporate R&D center of HLL Life care Ltd. Akkulam., Trivandrum, Kerala, India.
- Visiting research scholar in Faculty of Engineering Sciences, smaRT Lab, Katholieke Universiteit, Leuven, Belgium.
- Work experience in the topic entitled “Morphology and transport characteristics of poly(ethylene-co-vinyl acetate)/clay nanocomposites” during Ph.D, under the guidance of Prof. Sabu Thomas at School of Chemical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India.
- Experience in organic synthesis and characterization of Photochromic dyes at National Institute of Interdisciplinary Science and Technology, Trivandrum, Kerala, India.