Dr S Alen
Assistant Professor of Physics
Convener, Human Resource Development Club
- S. Alen et al, “Studies on Crystal Growth, Vibrational, Dielectric, Electronic, Mechanical and Thermal Properties of New Organic Nonlinear Optical Crystal: 3 -Nitrocinnamic Acid”, Crystal Engineering communication 15(2013) 9176-9188.
Impact Factor: 3.849
- S. Alen et al, “Twisted Intramolecular Charge Transfer and its Contribution to the NLO Activity of Diglycine Picrate: A Vibrational Spectroscopic Study”, SpectrochimicaActa part A 135 (2015) 720-731.
Impact Factor: 2.653
- S.Alen et al, “Vibrational Spectral Analysis, Electronic absorption and Non-linear Optical Behavior of (E)-1-(2,4,6-Trimethoxyphenyl)pent-1-en-3-one”, Vibrational spectroscopy 79 (2015) 1-10.
Impact Factor: 1.682
- S.Alen et al, “Synthesis, Growth, Vibrational Spectral Investigations and Structure-Property Relationship of an Organic NLO Crystal: 3, 4 Dimethoxy Chalcone”, Chemical Physics Letters, 636 (2015) 208-215.
Impact Factor: 1.860
- S. Alen et al, “Growth, Electronic Absorption and Vibrational Spectral Analysis of Semiorganic Nonlinear Optical Material Potassium Acid Phthalate: A Scaled Quantum Mechanical Force Field Study”, Journal of Molecular Structure 1040 (2013) 155–163.
Impact Factor: 1.780
- S. Alen et al, “Growth and Intramolecular Charge Transfer from the Vibrational Spectra of an NLO material N, N’-diphenylguanidinium hydrogen (+) – L-tartrate monohydrate”, International Conference on Recent Trends in Advanced Materials (ICRAM-2012), VIT University, Vellore, 20-22 February 2012.
- S.Alen et al, “Spectroscopic Investigations of a Semiorganic Nonlinear Optical Material Potassium Acid Phthalate”, International Conference on Molecular Spectroscopy of Advanced Materials and Biomolecules (IMSAB-2012), Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara, 7-9 August 2012.
- S.Alen et al “Growth and Characterization of a New Organic Nonlinear Optical Crystal: 3-Nitrocinnamic Acid”, 4th International conference on Perspectives in Vibrational Spectroscopy (ICOPVS-2013), Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara, 6-9 August 2013.
- S.Alen et al, “Growth, Vibrational Spectroscopic and HOMO-LUMO Studies of an NLO Material (E)-1-(2,4,6-Trimethoxyphenyl)pent-1-en-3-one (TMPPO)”, International Conference on Materials and Characterization Techniques, Centre for Crystal Growth, VIT University, 10-12 March 2014.
- S.Alen et al, “Spectroscopic Investigations of an organic Nonlinear Optical Material Caffeinium Picrate”, National Seminar on Materials; Process and Applications of Novel Technologies (NMAT-2013), NSS College for Women, Neeramankara, 7-8 November 2013.
- S.Alen et al, “Molecular Structure and Vibrational Spectral Investigations of the Highly Efficient Organic NLO crystal: 3,4dimethoxychalcone (DMC)”, DAE-BRNS National Laser Symposium (NLS-22), Manipal University, 8-11 January 2014.
- S. Alen et al, “Molecular Structure, Vibrational Spectra and HOMO-LUMO Studies of Caffeinium Picrate”, National Conference on Recent Trends in Vibrational Spectroscopy, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara, 26-27 August 2011.
- S. Alen et al, NIR-FT Raman and FT-IR Spectroscopic Investigations of Caffeinium Picrate”, National Conference on Exploring the Frontiers of Vibrational Spectroscopy (EXFOVIS-2011), Womens’s Christian College, Nagercoil, 1-2 September 2011.
- S. Alen et al, DFT Computations and NIR-FT-Raman and FTIR Spectral Investigations of Caffeinium Picrate, 99th Indian Science Congress (ISC-2012), KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, 03-07 January 2012.
- S. Alen et al, Growth and Characterization of a Semi-Organic Nonlinear optical material Potassium acid Phthalate, 100th Indian Science Congress (ISC-2013), University of Calcutta, Kolkata, 03-07 January 2013.
- S. Alen et al, NIR-FT Raman and FT-IR Spectral Investigations of Ethyl 2-(4-Benzoyl-2, 5 Dimethyl Phenoxy) Acetate, International Conference on Recent Frontiers in Applied Spectroscopy (ICORFAS-2010), Annamalai University, 22-24 September 2010.
- Indo-German conference on Laser Applications and Nanoscience, 5-7 December 2013.
- National Conference on The Relevance of Arts, Science & Management to the Society, March 01, 2011.
- National Seminar on Current Developments in Physics, 20th September 2013.
- Seminar Organised by the PG Department of Physics, Women’s Christian College, Nagercoil on 31st August 2011.
- Rev. (Prof.) K.C. Mathew Endowment Lectures on “Artificial Intelligence” conducted at Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara during 10-11 February 2014.
Research and Teaching Experiences
- Teaching experience in Christian College, Kattakada from 15/06/2010 to 31/08/2010
- Worked as SRF from 20-04-2015 to 23-08-2015
- Research Associate from 24-08-2015 to 31-12-2015 in CSIR major research project (order No: 03 (1247)/12/EMR-II Dated 17/07/2015)